To access your pre-order settings access your portal at portal.flipdish.com. Then go to the 'Stores' tab to the left and select 'Preorder settings' from the menu after selecting your store:
There are to options in the sub menu that follows, 'Preorder for collection' and 'Preorder for delivery'. While both of these lead to identical option screens they are wholly independent allowing for full customisation.
Once you have selected one of these you will be faced with the following screen. Each section is explained below:
A customer can order for ASAP: This toggle will decide whether or not ASAP is an available ordering time. Without it the customer will only have options to choose a specific time / time slot depending on your settings.
Always appear open: Toggling this on will set your presence to never appear as closed even if the store is not currently preparing orders. This allows for a less confusing customer experience when preordering for a future date.
Force customer to select delivery time: Activating this option means that a customer will have no choice but to choose a specific time or time slot when placing an order rather than selecting nothing and having the wait time be based purely off your lead time setting.
Lead time: The number on this box denotes how long it is before your store can reasonably have food prepared / delivered. For example, if it was 13:00pm and a customer wanted to place a preorder, the displayed setting of 45 minutes would mean that I would be unable to select any times prior to 13:45pm
Interval: This number sets the space of time between time options for the customer. For example if this was set to 20 a customer could order for 12:00, 12:20, 12:40, 13:00 etc.
Amount of days a customer can order in advance: This is exactly what it reads as. It denotes how far in advance a customer can order from your store to a maximum of 14 days.
Enforce cutoff time: This setting is used to restrict future orders if they would be too soon for the store to feasibly complete. The options are as follows:
- Same day cut off: If the current time is before what is set in the box then you can order for today. If it is after then the soonest point a customer can order for will be tomorrow.
- Previous day cut off: If the current time is before what is set in the box then you can order for tomorrow. If it is after what is set in the box then the soonest point a customer can order for will be the day after tomorrow.
Preorder time display type: This setting decides how your customers will be able to preorder. Your options are:
- Single time: Customers can choose a specific time as denoted by your Interval setting ie. 12:00, 12:15, 12:30 etc.
- Start and end time: Customer can choose a time band within which their order will be completed ie. 12:00-12:30, 12:30-13:00 etc.
- Day Only: Customer can only choose a day for which their order will be completed ie. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday.
When disabling preorders the portal will save your previous settings and simply clicking to re enable it will set it back up exactly as it was. While disabled customers will only have the ASAP option when ordering from your store.