Installing the Flipdish Plugin
- Log into the WordPress dashboard
- Select Plugins on the left
- Select Add New
- Enter Flipdish in the search bar
- Select Install
- When the install has completed select Activate
- The Flipdish plugin has been installed
Setting up the Flipdish Ordering System
- Copy your Flipdish AppID. Your App ID can be found here
- Enter your Flipdish AppID in the Flipdish AppID field
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select Save Changes
- Copy the shortcode by clicking on Copy Shortcode
- Navigate to the page in which you wish to add the ordering system
- Paste the code and select Update/Publish
- The ordering system is now live
The following section details what can be changed in the plugin and what effect it will have on the ordering system.
Light theme and Dark theme
The Light theme has a white background and dark text, while the Dark theme has a dark background and white text.
Space above the Basket
The number entered in this field represents the number of pixels the Basket is moved down by so that the header or navigation does not overlap the Basket.
Enable Transparent Background
Initial Ordering System Screen
The initial ordering system screen is changed to display the menu first. Once a user clicks on an item the ordering system reverts to the page which asks for delivery or collection.
Display page header and footer on mobile
This option enables the header and footer on the mobile version. By default the header and footer are not displayed on the mobile version to reduce conflicts which interfere with the ordering system. If this is enabled and the ordering system is not functioning correctly please try disabling it.
No header displayed (left) - Header and footer enabled (right)
Covid 19 store banner
This enables a contactless delivery popup notice on the website. There are options for the following markets: US, IE/UK, DE and ES
Adding Apple Pay
This enables enables Apple Pay on the website. Once enabled, please send the following message to [email protected]:
Please enable Apple Pay on my domain: (Enter your domain here)
Apple Pay has been activated on my website using the Flipdish plugin.